Dementia Australia represent the 436,366 Australians living with dementia and the almost 1.5 million Australians involved in their care.
In August 2019, Dementia Australia released a new resource Walking Safely with Dementia. It’s widely recognised that walking is good for both our minds and bodies; and is an activity that may be continued safely after a diagnosis of dementia.
The resource includes information on:
- becoming lost while walking
- considering safety away from home
- what to do if a person living with dementia goes missing
- tips for members of the community
- what to do if you meet someone who may be lost.
The resource can be downloaded for free from Dementia Australia at :